So I made my first attempt at beet hummus using what I had in my fridge at the time. Instead of opening another can of chickpeas, I just used the red beans I’ve been using all week. Then I added garlic, lemon, salt, olive oil and tahini, pretty standard hummus stuff. It came out okay. I didn’t measure much but I used about 1/2 of a medium sized beet, 1 cup of red beans, 1/2 a lemon, and probably around 2 tbsps of tahini. Salt and olive oil to taste. It took forever to blend, but it was delicious. It is sweet btw. I think using chickpeas instead of red beans would have helped with the sweetness, also less lemon juice.